Bites & Nibbles
– Rustic homemade chilli & coriander scotch egg with mayo. £6 – Mixed Olives (V)- marinated in wild garlic. £3 – Fish Fingers- cod goujons with homemade tartare sauce & lemon. £5 – Mrs Watson’s Cheese on Toast- 1 slice of thick white, Guiting-made bread with vintage cheddar & paprika (V). £3 – Charlie’s Special Macaroni Cheese (V). £5
Sharing Boards (available all day & night) £6 per person
Charcuterie- Prosciutto, Chorizo, Salami, wild garlic marinated olives, hummus, flat bread, olive oil & balsamic vinegar. Farmers (V)- Vintage cheddar, pickled onion, mixed leaves, homemade slaw, apple, flat bread & piccalilli.
Flat Breads £7 each
– Coronation Chicken & mixed leaves. – Melted vintage cheddar, tomato chutney & red onion (V). – Fish Finger- Cod strips in crispy batter, baby gem lettuce & homemade tartare sauce. – 4 oz 28 day Aged Sirloin Steak with fried onions and mustard. – Melted mozzarella with cherry vine tomatoes & pesto (V).
Pizzas (Thin & Crispy) £9 each
– BBQ Chicken, Sweetcorn & Mozzerella. – Chorizo, Olives & Mozzerella. – Mushrooms, Red Pepper, Courgette & Mozzerella (V).
Faggots served with mashed potato, garden peas & gravy. £12 Cornish day boat cod fried in a light and crispy batter served with house rustic fries, mushy peas & homemade tartare. £13 Cotswold cured freshly carved ham, with house rustic fries & free range local eggs. £12 Mickeleton handmade pork & leek sausages, with creamy mashed potato, peas & traditional gravy. £12 Chef’s rustic homemade steak & kidney pie with house fries or new potatoes, mangetout & braised red cabbage. £13 Strips of chicken fillet fried in a light and crispy batter served with homemade slaw, house rustic fries & sweet chilli sauce. £12 Homemade aubergine, courgette & roasted red pepper lasagne, served with rocket salad & garlic flat bread (V). £12 Daily “Traditional Sunday” Roast, ask for todays choice, served with roast potatoes, gravy & seasonal vegetables. £13 28 day aged 8oz Sirloin steak cooked to your taste with pan fried mushrooms, roasted cherry vine tomatoes & homemade slaw with rustic fries or new potatoes. £18 (Why not swap your house fries for sweet potato fries for £1?)
The Hollow Bottom 100% British 6oz Beef Burger served in a brioche bun, with relish, onion ring, house rustic fries & homemade slaw. £13 (why not swap your house fries for sweet potato fries for £1?)
1 for £6 |2 for £10 | 3 for £14 | each served with slaw.
- Pulled Pork & BBQ Sauce
- Lamb & Mint with Harrissa Mayonnaise
- Hollow Bottom 100% Beef Burger with Relish
House Rustic Fries (V). £3…… Cheesy £4 House Sweet Potato Fries (V). £4…… Cheesy £5 Garlic Flat Bread (V). £3…….Cheesy £4.50 Flat bread with butter or olive oil &
- balsamic vinegar (V). £3
- Homemade Slaw (V). £3
Garden Salad- leaves, tomato, cucumber, red onion (V). £4 Greek Salad- leaves, feta, tomato & cucumber (V). £5 Mangetout & red braised cabbage (V). £3 Onion Rings/ Fried Onions (V). £3 Sauce cooked to order £3
Homemade soup – a half pint of cheese & onion with crusty bread . £7 Garlic & chilli pan fried tiger prawns & rocket salad. £7 Deep fried brie in golden breadcrumbs, cranberry sauce & seasonal leaves (V). £7 Scottish smoked salmon with red onion capers, dill mustard & brown bread. £8 Haggis, neeps & tatties with a whisky & cream sauce. £7 Retro prawn cocktail. £6 Seared goats cheese with roasted cherry vine tomatoes, served with leaves, balsamic dressing & red onion marmalade. £7
Charlie’s Plat Du Jour £12 Grilled gilt headed bream with pea puree, garden peas & boiled new potatoes. £17 Pan fried Aylworth pheasant breast in a rich cranberry sauce served with crushed new potatoes & braised red cabbage. £16 Baked filo pastry parcel with wilted spinach, sundried tomatoes, toasted pine nuts, crushed feta, beetroot & crème fraiche served with asparagus & baby corn (V). £16 Oven roasted chicken breast with garlic crust, glazed chantenay carrots, crushed new potatoes & red wine jus. £15 Pan fried ostrich in a port wine jus served on a butterbean & leak stew with mashed potato. £18 (Why not add some mangetout & braised red cabbage for £3)
- Dark Chocolate Mousse with salted caramel base & vanilla ice cream (V). (V).
- Apple & blackberry crumble with custard (V).
- Sticky toffee pudding with clotted cream (V).
- Chocolate fudge brownie sundae with vanilla ice cream (V).
- A Selection of Ice Creams (V), £2 per scoop
- Add a shot of Espresso for £2
- British Cheese Plate (V). £8
Coffees & Teas
Regular Tea or Filter Coffee £2 Speciality Teas £3 Cappuccino, Latte, Hot Choc £3 Espresso £2 Irish, French, Calypso £6
Delicious Dessert Wines
Muscat de Frontignan white (50ml) £3 Bottle (35cl) £18 Banyulas AC red (50ml) £4 Bottle (35cl) £24
Taylors Late Bottled Vintage (50ml) £3 Bottle (75cl) £29 Grahams 10yr old Tawny (50ml) £4 Bottle (75cl) £44
£6 All in. Choose ONE from the following:
- Homemade Fish Fingers (not from the Captain)
- Charlie’s Macaroni Cheese
- Mrs Watsons Cheese on toast
- Homemade Cream of Broccoli & Oxford Blue
- Mickleton handmade sausages
- Strips of chicken with a sweet chilli sauce
- Mini Burgers: – Pulled Pork & BBQ sauce OR – Lamb with Mint & Mayo OR – Beef burger & relish
- Roast of the Day (just ask we won’t bite!)
Then match up with TWO from the following:
- Creamy Mashed potatoes
- Seasonal Vegetables
- Rustic Skinny fries
- Mini Rocket salad
- Mini Greek Salad
- Fried free range egg
- Sweet Potato fries
- Mushy Peas
- Homemade Slaw
- Pan fried Mushrooms
- Mangetout Garden Peas
Orange & Blackcurrant Squash (unlimited refills) are included, with some Ice Cream at the end (if you clear the plate)
Non- residents welcome from 8am Selection of cereal- £3 Full English (Bacon, Egg, Sausage, Black Pudding, Mushrooms, Tomato & Toast)- £8 Smoked Salmon & Scrambled Egg- £9 Eggs on Toast (Your choice of poached, fried or scrambled)- £4 Cheese Omelette- £7 Bacon Sandwich- £4 Sausage Sandwich- £5 Egg Sandwich- £4 Bacon & Egg Sandwich- £5 Sausage & Egg Sandwich- £6 Toast & Preserves- £2
Fresh Fruit- £1 Orange juice- £2 Tea- £2 Speciality Herbal Tea- £3 Filter Coffee- £2 Bucks Fizz- (spoil yourself) additional £5
£19.95 per person for 3 Courses
Curried parsnip soup with a swirl of fresh cream and crusty bread and butter Local game terrine with melba toast and rocket salad Mini brie parcel with cranberry sauce (V)
Roasted turkey, roast potatoes, fresh vegetables, homemade stuffing & gravy Cranberry, sage & nut vegetarian roast with all the trimming and vegetarian gravy (V) Pan fried pheasant breasts with winterberry and red wine jus, new potatoes & fresh vegetables Kiln smoked haddock in a creamy cheese and chive sauce with mashed potato and fresh vegetables
Traditional Christmas pudding with brandy sauce Warm chocolate brownie sundae with chocolate sauce and chocolate ice cream Apple & Blackberry Crumble with custard A selection of local ice creams